Thursday, August 23, 2018

Downstairs bathroom mini makeover

So the only bathroom downstairs was ok, but all our guests use it and it was a bit funky. When everyone commented to me how strange it was, I knew I had to do something and it wasn't just me thinking it was weird!
 The previous owners decided to take metallic spray paint to the counter and faucet... it looked like a diy gone terribly wrong! We were considering taking out the counters, but then I'd want a different vanity oh and new floors while I'm at it and maybe get a more water efficient toilet and what the heck just redo the shower from that plastic surround to those gorgeous subway tiles! 
Well that thought process brought me back to maybe I can just find a way to get this paint off since we have no money for a big bathroom renovation! So I found this product that you spray and let it sit for about 30 mins and the scrape with a plastic putty knife. I tell you it worked better than I could have ever imagined! 

Overall the cost for painting the walls a new color, the baseboard trim, a chrome towel bar and toilet paper bar, painting the vanity cabinet, and the can of paint remover was less than $100 and it's a pretty big difference! We are so happy with the counters back to how they were originally! 


Partially through process

While paint remover was doing its magic 

After!!






No comments:

Post a Comment