Sunday, August 12, 2018

Living room sectional

So for the last month and a half I've been looking on the Facebook marketplace, offer up, Craigslist, and garage sales daily for a sectional that would fit in a specific spot in our not so deep living room. Every single time I found one that would work and got so excited, it was already sold or pending pick up. It was getting super annoying not being able to get first dibs on one of these sectionals! Finally on Friday I messaged a lady and it was available! I got right on it and told my husband that he didn't have a say in the couch at this point that he has to deal with how it looks and the fact that is has a chaise. (We ideally didn't want one because the room isn't that deep, but I was desperate to have seating in this room) So I pay the lady and start loading it up when I realize how dirty this thing really is and there's dog hair all over it and now my clothes... gross! It was so bad that I was not taking it into my clean home so we left it on the driveway that night. The next morning I took my handy dandy upholstery cleaner and vacuum and went to town! I vacuumed it first then cleaned it and vacuumed again after it was dry for good measure. It took me 6 hours!!!! I had to clean every side of every cushion 3 to 4 times until the water changed from brown to clear! I couldn't believe that a medium grey couch could hide that much dirt!! For only $300 and some sweat equity it was all worth it because it's nice and clean now and looks great in the space plus it's so wonderful to be able to sit comfortably in the room! 
I added some cute pillows and voila! 





No comments:

Post a Comment